Saturday 20 June 2009

Some Good News at Last

Well, it has been something of a longtime, hasn't it! You may recall that I have been job hunting and I didn't want to tell you anything more until I got a job. Well, I've now got one!

In the last few months I have been all over the place - I've had interviews in Bangkok, London (twice), Bratislava and Munich, I've had references taken up by schools in Vienna, Rio and Quito amongst others, I've had telephone interviews for schools in Egypt, Sao Paulo and Shanghai and I've been totally ignored by schools in Sweden, Beijing, Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam, Shangai and Scarborough!

Now, after being at times totally demoralised, I have finally secured a position just a few hundred miles away in Qatar!

I am just totally relieved because we are out of Dubai on the 26th of this month and I was expecting to have to go back to the UK to supply teach. Now, Cher and I are really looking forward to our holiday on our wonderful Greek island of Skopelos. And it is going to be a great holiday! Because of Ramadan, I don't have to start at my new school until sometime between the 4th and 12th of September (not sure of the date yet), but, and I've never heard of this in any other school, I get paid from the 1st of August!!!

Excellent!

7 comments:

Em said...

congrats! all the best on your new job :)

Grumpy Goat said...

Mabrook! Are you going to change your name to DohaBilly?

AlKhorBilly?

DukhanBilly?

Jayne said...

Wow, congrats hon! Hubs had an interview for the same place today, so we might be neighbours!! (run & hide now!)

Istanbilly said...

Thank you folks.

GG: I'm thinking of becoming QB

Jayne: That would be great! Good luck

dubaibilly said...

Don'tunderstand how blogger did that!

Keef said...

Estupendo! I was just thinking about you guys t'other day. Very best wishes to ya.

CaliforniaKat said...

Woo hoo! Many congrats. I know from experience that people are sometimes quiet because things are brewing behind the scenes. I'm really happy for you. And who wouldn't want to get paid a month early?

See you over here. :)