Friday 29 February 2008

Leap Year Day

I just had to blog today as I won't get this opportunity for another 4 years! It is a bit unlikely that I will get a proposal today - Mrs DB and I have been married since 2001. I know that Feb 29 is nothing special but I kind of like it.

Baggins decided to celebrate this morning by waking us up - Friday is part of the weekend here in Dubai and Mrs DB and I were having a bit of a lie in as the alarm normally goes off at 6 am every day. Baggins lasted until about 7:30 and then decided that enough was enough - nearly 7 kilograms of cat stomping all over the bed with no particular care about where he stomps is enough to wake anyone up! And yes, when referring to Baggins, stomp is definitely the right word!

2 comments:

Em said...

lol..i *heart* baggins :)

Grumpy Goat said...

In a past life, I had a jet-black cat that had the following early-morning technique:-

1. If the bedroom door is closed, leap repeatedly and noisily at the handle. Solution: leave the door open.

2. At the crack of sparrow-fart, climb on to the duvet and lie on top of the slumbering Goat.

3. Pad front paw very gently on the Goat's lips.

4. After failing to get a reaction, extend one claw, hook it over bottom lip and pull. Hard.

5. "Now that you're awake, I think you'll find the tin opener is in the kitchen...{grins}"