Friday 21 March 2008

A Few More Pix

OK, one last play with Photoshop and then I'm off to do some work.

Aaron put me onto tilt-shift photography. I'd never heard of it before but it is a fun little technique. I'm not sure what it's applications would be, I just like what it does. Basically you take a photograph and blur parts of it so that one little part stands out in sharp focus. This gives the effect of a macro photograph. So you are actually creating an optical illusion. Having fooled the viewer into thinking they are looking at a macro then they believe that the object they are looking at is very small, so it must be a model in model scenery!

Tilt-Shift Photography


Now, of course I can't put this up without saying where I got the tutorial from, so I would like to thank the guys at Tilt-Shift Photography for their tutorial. It does seem to me, however that there is room for some improvement in this technique which I will keep quiet about for now, at least until I have the time to try it out!

Now I did say that PS Hero has a great tutorial for improving photographs and I said I'd show you a before and after shot:

BeforeAfter


More intense reds, brighter greens (but not unrealistically so), whiter whites, I know which one I prefer. In case you are wondering the photoshopped one is the one on the right. By the way, it is the Skopelos Town Clock Tower.

2 comments:

Keef said...

Dem toy boats look great!

Peggy said...

This is SO odd! I have just found your link from Mostlymacro's site. My family and I have had a number of holidays in Skiathos and pop over to Skopelos each time we're there. Just this week, I phoned my husband during the middle of the working day to tell him I was thinking about swimming in the calm blue seas there and then having a "cheese pie of Skopelos". I love the snail shell shaped pies and Skopelos too!