Wednesday 19 March 2008

Photoshop Hero

A few days ago I discovered a new blog - well, new to me at any rate and I've gotta say I'm dead impressed with it. PS Hero puts Photoshop tutorials on line - free, gratis and for nothing. Seems like a nice man to me. Anyway, within seconds of finding the site I had added a link to to it on my links list (it's the one that says Great Photoshop Tutotials - my spelling mistake, I just haven't got around to correcting it yet). If you use a digital camera it is worth taking a look - especially if you have only bought Photoshop recently (4 years ago in my case).

Now you all know I like to play with Photoshop, but this guy is seriously good - he takes good photo's and really improves them, sometimes with difficult stuff sometimes with easy stuff. Anyway, I thought I'd give one of his tutorials a go and share the results, so, what do you think of this:

Orchid


I've gotta say, I think it looks good. Don't get me wrong, I won't do this to all my posts, but I will be interested to see what this looks like when i've printed at 75cm x 75cm. I'm not entirely convinced the double matte effect will work quite as well, but if it does the I will be well chuffed - whichever way it will be worth the few hundred dirhams to find out - I'll let you know when I've done it - just got to find the exact right photo for it first.

Meanwhile, I shall carry on visiting PS Hero or a regular basis.

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill,
First of all, thank you so much for the kind words and compliments. I'm glad you're enjoying the site. It's folks like you that make all the time I spend writing the tutorials worth it!

Your results look GREAT! Keep up the good work!

-HERO-

Mme Cyn said...

Well, Billy -- you've outed yourself in the blogosphere!

Really nice photo though.