Thursday 6 December 2007

Red Star Belgrade v Bolton Wanderers

49 years ago my dad took me to watch my very first professional football game - Bury v Bolton Wanderers at Gigg Lane.  I have spent the rest of my life supporting Bolton Wanderers.  These days I have to support them from something of a distance (about 4000 miles) and it is a bit too far to go to the games.  It doesn't make any difference at all.  


Tonight they continue their foray into the UEFA Cup by travelling to Belgrade to take on Red Star.  I reckon we are going to turn Red Star over tonight.    I'm feeling confident that we will progress to the knockout phase.

I think, despite a 4 - 0 hiccup away to Liverpool last Saturday, we have now turned the corner in our season - beating Man Utd 1 - 0 at home has done us the power of good and we can build on that this coming Sunday when I fully expect to watch them trounce the pie-eaters (Wigan) at the Reebok.  At least I will be able to watch the game - it will be live on the TV over here!

No comments: