Saturday 8 December 2007

Telecommunications Companies aren't always Cr@p

I don't care what you call them, Eatyersalad or Itisalot or even their real name Etisalat - I was dead impressed with their service this morning!


No, honest ~ I went in there and said to the guy on reception "I'm shifting and need to move my landline and ADSL thing to my new address".  "Just fill in these two forms, just this bit here of them, and let me have them back", came the reply.

Did that.  "Go to that man sat there (he pointed) and he will help you", he said.  I went and this charming avuncular gentleman dealt with me rapidly and with courtesy.  "You're not moving far", he said, "you can keep your number, now take a seat and wait for this number to be called",  (giving me a slip of paper with 3011 written on it).

Before I had time to finish thinking, "Oh God, how long is this going to take",  and well before I managed to reach a seat, a sound not unlike Biiing Bonnng met my ears, and a light in the form of 3011 was flashing on and off, so I went and sat down opposite another charming gentleman.  He looked at my forms, said, "Ah, shifting?". "Yes", I replied.

"What is your mobile number?", he asked - I told him.  Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, enter.  "Ah Mr William", he stated.  "Yes", I replied.  "You have a passport copy?" ~ Ah haa, I've been down there before!  

I gave him my passport copy and he said, "Thank you, it will be done in three days time, good bye".  "Hang about, I've only been in here 5 minutes so far, aren't you supposed to keep me pointlessly waiting around for another hour or two yet?", I almost said, but then the sensible bit of me decided that I should keep quiet!

Well done Etisalat, a task that I had been dreading was accomplished really quickly and easily thanks to the efficiency of your staff!  Of course, who knows what will happen in three days time.

Watch this space.

4 comments:

Keef said...

Heretic!

Grumpy Goat said...

Beloved Wife and I are still waiting for our ADSL. We applied in August and were told that it'd take 'one week'.

Do we live in the back of beyond, behind the boondocks? Mirdif, actually.

dubaibilly said...

Heretic!?

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

Keef said...

No-one expects that!