Monday 28 January 2008

Not The Best Start to 2008 - Update

All's well that ends well.

That says it all really. The sponsor of the company has taken over the travel agency from the people who decided to close it down and he has decided to keep it running. Mrs DB has still got a job!

The only problem is that a very good friend, who worked with Mrs DB became a casualty 'cos the people who decided to close it down painted a very gloomy picture about the companies future to the sponsor and he felt he couldn't afford to take all the staff.

A great shame. Mrs DB and I are really hoping that we don't lose a friend over this.

2 comments:

Keef said...

Ooh, that's a biiiiig relief! Especially as I'd seen the new car post before I saw this one and I thought the pair of you had really lost it!

Black is nice - but do you really think it'll last ten years before you move to Greece?

Em said...

thank goodness...
sorry for the really monosyllabic comments as my nod is bokked real bad....